Продолжаем отрабатывать предлоги времени в упражнении, которое начато в предыдущем сообщении. Заполнить пропуски предлогами — это распространенное задание в английских тестах, поэтому надо не упускать возможность отрабатывать предлоги при каждом удобном случае.
1. He is usually busy … 8 … 12 o’clock, so I am going to ring him up … 12 o’clock.
2. He will have taken all his examinations … the end of January. … February he is going away on holidays.
3. They returned from London the day … yesterday. The worked there … 2008.
4. Let’s wait … a while. He will join us … a few minutes.
5. Mary came to New-York … the beginning of the year.
6. … that lovely spring morning Tom was awakened by the sunlight falling through the window.
7. She was already a leading economist … her early twenties.
8. She studied economics … her early twenties and then moved into law.
9. The shop is open … eight … five o’clock. Now it is half … five so it is closed.
10. Ann is very punctual. She is always … time … her studies.
11. Sorry my being late. I have been in class … now.
12. I am going to have a cup of coffee … the break.