Начинаем практиковаться, выполняя самые простейшие упражнения. Надо привыкнуть к новой грамматике, что называется, погрузиться в нее, и это можно сделать , читая английские предложения, в которых есть “характерные” черты предпрошедшего времени Past Perfect Tense.
Exercise 1. Поставьте следующие предложения в отрицательную и вопросительную форму. Само собой разумеется, надо все предложения перевести и осмыслить почему они написаны именно в предпрошедшем времени.
1. My parents had finished packing by five o’clock.
2. His wife was not at home. She had gone out a quarter of an hour before.
3. They had read two English books by the end of the month.
4. Yesterday I recognized her at once. I had already met her before.
5. Mother had already had cooked dinner by noon.
6. The travelers had reached the village before the sunset.
7. They had already received the telegram by that time.
8. The pupil had translated the text before the bell.
9. The children had already done their homework before their mother’s coming.
10. John had looked through all the documents by the end of the day.
11. She had already spent all her money by that time.
12. The sun had set. It was getting dark.
13. Ann had studied English before entering the Institute.