Понять какое-то правило вовсе не означает его знать. Только тренировкой можно добиться гибкости мышления и беглости речи. Начинаем с самого простого, самого элементарного. Поставьте все напечатанные ниже английские предложения в отрицательную (-) и вопросительную (?) формы. Переведите их на русский язык. Определите глагол-сказуемое. Можно делать это письменно, можно устно. Чем больше вы пропустите через себя упражнений, тем лучше.
1. My sister works at school. She is a teacher.
2. The students are in the classroom now.
3. The director is always busy at that time.
4. I am very sorry about it.
5. My friends are ready to help you.
6. I am sure that he is right.
7. My grandparents are happy to have a beautiful garden.
8. This arm-chair is very comfortable.
9. The lesson is over.
10. Many students are present at the lecture.
11. Ann and Mary are usually at school at that time.
12. They go to school. The are pupils.
13. My little son is afraid of dogs.
14. The children are in the yard.
15. These are books. Those are journals.
16. My parents are in the country now.
17. This book is very interesting. I advise you to read it.
18. My sister is often late for her classes.
19. He is an experienced doctor.
20. Her mother is a housewife.
21. The theatre is in the centre of the city.
22. My mother is tired after her work in the garden.
23. Their parents are old.
24. I am always in time for my work.
25. The children are hungry and thirsty.
26. This man is my brother.
27. I know that Nick is ill. He is at home now.
28. They are at school now. They are on duty.
28. I am interested in art and architecture.
29. My niece is very fond of animals.
30. She is always angry with her husband.
31. These flowers are pink.
32. We are in front of the station.
33. The book is in my bag.
34. The table is in the middle of the room.
35. This is my book.
36. The ball is under the table.
37. These boxes are behind the shop.
38. I finish work at 6. I am free after 6 o’clock.
39. I am very glad to see you again.
40. This shop is still open.