Прилагательные, как известно, имеют три степени сравнения: положительную, сравнительную и превосходную. Давайте поближе познакомимся с превосходной степенью прилагательных. не просто выучив правило образования превосходной степени, а, так сказать, в реальной жизни, то есть, в предложениях, которые надо перевести с английского языка на родной язык и, наоборот, с родного языка на английский язык.
Начинать следует с самого простейшего: с английских предложений, в которых есть сравнительная степень прилагательных. Глазам надо “привыкнуть” к новой грамматике и к построению предложений.
Итак, следующие предложения надо перевести на родной язык и поставить каждое предложение в отрицательную и вопросительную формы.
1. My aunt is the most talkative woman in the world.
2. This is the most interesing book of all.
3. It was the most valuable painting in the gallery.
4. Ann is the prettiest girl in the group.
5. My granny is the kindest woman in the world.
6. This road is the longest of all.
7. We need the most skillful workers.
8. This theatre is the oldest building in the town.
9. July is the hottest month of the year.
10. John is the tallest boy in the class.
11. He is the most famous poet in our country.
12. This is the most favourite book of his.
13. His house is the largest in this street.
14. Yesterday was the coldest day of the year.
15. These apples are the sweetest in the basket.
16. Mary is the most intelligent student in the group.
17. Her answer was the best.
18. They are the dearest friends of my parents.
19. This is the most interesting play of the season.
20. This is the shortest way to the station.
21. It was the worst mistake of all.
22. January is the coldest month of the year.
23. He is one of the richest men in the world.
24. The shortest month of the year is February.
25. The most difficult subject I had at school was Physics.
26. It was the happiest day of my life.
27. He went to the nearest bus stop.
28. John is the eldest child in the family.
29. This is the narrowest street in the town.
30. He is the youngest child in his family.
31. Your pronunciation is the worst in the class.
32. Mont Blanc is the highest peak in the Alps.
33. It is the most expensive car in the world.
34. It’s the best book I have ever read.
35. He is the fastest, but I am the strongest.
36. She is the sensible of her family.
37. Ann is the smartest of the three girls in the family.
38. This hotel is the cheapest in this town.
38. My colleague is one of the nicest people I know.
39. That was the most stupid thing I have ever done.
40. Football is the most popular sport in this country.
41. He is the best player in the team.
42. It is one of the oldest castles in Britain.
43. This dancer was the most graceful of all.
44. This is the most interesting article in the journal.
45. The Volga is the longest river in Europe.
46. It was the worst time of my life.
47. This test was the easiest of all.
48. He is the active member in our club.
49. John is the laziest man in the world.
50. This is the coldest room in the house.